Man Alive - Living Without Violence
- 11 Edmonton Road, Henderson, Waitakere City - 0800 826 367
- 100 Queens Road, Penrose, Auckland City - 0800 826 367
- 45 Totara Ave, New Lynn, Waitakere City - 0800 826 367
- 5 Norfolk Street, Whangarei, Whangarei - 09 459 7930, 0800 826 367
- 5 Norfolk Street, Central Whangarei, Whangarei - 0800 826 367
Man Alive runs life-changing Te Ara Taumata Ora courses that help men understand why they get angry and how to deal with their feelings before they explode into anger.
Te Ara Taumata Ora programmes are delivered in culturally appropriate ways and the sessions are run by Maori facilitators. They will not blame, shame or judge men. However, they will be encouraged to take responsibility for their violence and understand there is no excuse for abuse.
Trained facilitators help men create their futures, instead of destroying them, by working with them to take responsibility for their actions, learn how to avoid and manage conflict, have positive relationships. create safety strategies in their home and deal with personal issues.
There are a range of courses, including men in relationships, living without violence, and change and support groups.
These programmes are not just for men struggling with or convicted of physical violence, they are a way of helping men understand their anger, and become better partners, fathers and friends.
For more information visit website.